Friday, January 29, 2016

LSLL Review: Desperate for Death by Judy Alter

Hey y'all! Today I'm going to be reviewing Judy Alter's latest, Desperate for Death. To be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of the last book that I reviewed, so I was somewhat not looking forward to reading this one. But, when I'm reviewing, I always make sure I go in with a fresh perspective and give the book a chance.

Once again, the main character has an obscene amount of internal dialogue. Which, sometimes, is beneficial. This is not the case here. The internal dialogue for this character is extremely judgmental and somewhat vapid. She was a character that found myself not liking and skipping ahead when she would think about anything. Majority of the other characters were likable, which made the story bearable.

As I said before, cozy mysteries are not for me. But, if it's your cup of tea, then read on, my friend. I'll stick to my wheel of randomness!

I received materials from the publisher for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment