Monday, January 11, 2016

Review- Racing Forward by Mica Mosbacher

There are two kinds of people in life. Those that let life defeat them, and those who punch life in the face and say "Not today, jerk." Mica Mosbacher is one of the latter. But, I'm sure she didn't talk to life exactly in that manner.

I'm going to be honest here, when it comes to memoirs, I am EXTREMELY picky. I can't even explain my thought process when I pick one up to read. I have mental standards to the point where I feel that if you're under the age of 50, you don't get to write one. Just keep living your life until you get there. Of course there are special circumstances, so I judge each one on a case by case basis.

Picking up Mica's book is no exception to my rule. I wanted to know why this woman felt to need to write about her life. I was intrigued, as she did describe herself as a rags-to-riches cinderella story, and she was not kidding. Mica has been knocked down and gotten right back repeatedly and just kept on going. Even after the death of her late husband, she decided to not only learn how to drive, but TO RACE a Ferrari. You go, girl.

I know I haven't experienced the life events that she has, but I can definitely relate to her. You have to keep your head up, and you have to do it with such resiliency that you are back to form and ready to take on what comes next. I admire Mica, and I hope that she continues to race on!

No comments:

Post a Comment