Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The truth shall come out.

Obviously, the time gap between the last post and the post before was 8ish months. Like I said in my last post, I have several posts written, but never posted them. I’ll just chalk that up to laziness, k? K.

I was recently invited by a dear friend to read, review, promote, and do a few other things about Texas books (writers from Texas, books about Texas, etc.). I will be compensated for these posts, but I will say this up front now, whatever I put down on that post is my opinion and my opinion only. I will do my best make sure that I separate the promos from the publisher and what I write. Basically, what I’m trying to say is that the only way you’re going to persuade me to write a good review is to put Michael Fassbender in front of me. Naked. With Godiva Chocolate cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. I would still probably not be biased, but it would make it more tempting if that were the prize. Eyes on the prize, Middy, eyes on the super foxy, delicious, dat ass prize.

OMG! How Can I forget?! **SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION ALERT** This is my “official” Facebook page for this blog. Give it a like, will ya? Not only will I be posting links to the newest blog posts, but I also will be sharing random shit that I find interesting.

Side Note: I really want to start a feature where library people send in their library horror/awesome/”you’re joking, right?” stories so that we may share with world. I think it would be pretty rad. Shit kids say, things people complain about, etc. I will recommend Jezebel’s Kitchenette sub-blog, Behind Closed Ovens. Sometimes not for the squeamish. But hilarious and grotesque each time. Seriously. It’s gold. A new set comes out every Monday around lunchtime. I’m not a huge Jezebel reader, but they get my views for BCO!\

No comments:

Post a Comment