Saturday, January 7, 2017

That moment when you realize that 2017 is already 7 days in and you've only shown up for 5...

HAY YOU GUIIISSSEEEEE!!!!! HAY!!

I haven't been here in a while, and that's mostly because I had to will to write. I would jot things down, but could never get them to fully manifest. It was getting frustrating, so I just stopped trying to make myself log on to the blog and write. I tried to focus on other things that were plaguing me and worked on those instead. Needless to say, I was able to get it together in those aspects of life and found my spark once again. I'm also sitting on 2 ideas for videos, so I may do those as well. But I parked my fat ass on those and I haven't really budged, so don't hold your breath!

I searched "waves" on Giphy for a *waves* gif, and it went horribly right. TAKE US TO CHURCH, LA-TREEEEIIICE ROY-AL!

Oh, almost forgot. I owe y'all an explanation of the title. Long story short, I got sick last Thursday (the 29th) and was pretty much man down through the holiday and into the New Year. Womp Womp. Mind you, it was just a regular, run-of-the-mill cold, but that shit sucks and it knocks you on your ass. I tried to go to one of those RediClinc-type things on Monday, only to be told that it was appointment only and the last appointments would be around 7:30 P.M. My sick ass stayed home and went to my regular doctor at 9:30 in the morning the next day. I got antibiotics since it did develop into an infection (so much phlegm!) and steroids. That shit is working like a champ. I don't feel like my brain is trying to escape from my skull to alleviate the pressure. Oy. It was rough.

I don't know how many of y'all use Goodreads to track your reading lists, but I use it religiously, and I also enjoy doing their reading challenge each year. In 2016, my goal was 42, and I pretty much smashed the shit out of it, which is actually pretty unusual for me to be honest. For some reason, Goodreads won't let me see my 2016 total because they just started the 2017 challenge. This year my goal is 55, because I don't know. I'm to the point where I don't want to read quantity, but more quality. I did, however, read some shit that I thought would be spectacular and ended up being total shit (LOOKING AT YOU, BITCH PLANET). I know that this year will definitely be filled with more User Experience and Feminist-based books, which I'm looking forward to devouring and discussing. As always, recommendations for all the things are always welcome!

I have a few more things that I want to say, but I think it will be better off doing it in a separate post. Especially about Carrie. I'm still dealing with the death of one of my life heroes. She was more than just Leia to me. I mean, have you seen her urn? It speaks to me.

I mean, IT'S LITERALLY A GIANT PROZAC PILL.

Alright, I'm going to try to get some actual work done. Holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment