Saturday, June 11, 2016

Thoughts on a Saturday.

So, I know it's been a while since I've actually posted something for me, and to be honest, I was in a slump. Good 'ol depression strikes again. I was extremely stressed out at work because of a big inventory project that took 2 and a half months to complete. It was A LOT. And, Ian and I were in the process of finding, applying, and signing for an apartment. I was stuffed to my gills with stress. My anxiety was riding high, so most of the time, I stayed home and didn't go anywhere. Or talk to anyone. But, I am happy to announce that I finished the project and our move-in date is the near the end of June. Woo hoo! I'm extremely excited about our new place. I get a pantry! YAAASSSSS. I know that is a small thing, but it's a big thing to me! We just have a ton of cabinets at out current place, so everything has a spot. But still. Pantry. PAAANNNTTTRRRYYYYYY!!!!! But I digress...

Oh google search, you never let me down

I mean, I'm also getting a patio as well, which is HUGE, and I'm ecstatic about chillin' on that bad boy. It's also a 2 bedroom, which means Ian gets a WHOLE ROOM to himself to keep and display his collection. I'm going to attempt to decorate in an adult style, but let's be real for a minute; we know that's not going to happen. But I am going to half-ass it like the best of them. But I am really looking forward to a new location, a new environment, and mostly, a new home.

I found out a few days ago that my trip to Wisconsin for a library conference will be fully funded by library organizations, and I couldn't be more thrilled. I think this will a better conference than the last time, annnnd I get to go with one of my frands from my old branch!! Aww yiss. We're taking precautions this time to make sure that we don't get in Madison at 10 pm like I did the last time I went. I HAD TO TAKE THE BUS BECAUSE MY FLIGHT WAS CANCELLED. #firstworldproblems

The almighty Summer Reading Program is among us, and we're just wrapping up the first week today. For those of you that don't know what summer reading is like, take retail at Christmas, and that's summer for libraries. Yelling & screaming kids, angry & impatient parents, tired & exhausted workers, etc. IT'S THE SAME. Seriously, when I got home from work yesterday, I immediately laid down on the couch and fell asleep. Ian had to wake me up so that we could go out for dinner. So exhausted. The first week is one of the easiest ones too, because a lot of families opt to go on vacation the first week of summer. You always say that you're ready and to bring it the fuck on, but you're never fully ready. There's always something that happens, an extra 100 books get returned, you're down a worker, etc. All you can do is make the best of it and if you do, drink. But don't drink to the point of a hangover, because if you call in the next day, you're an asshole, and everyone will hate you for at least 2 days. Don't be that person.

When storytime has to be 20 ft away from the front desk because Art Camp is in the meeting room. NOT OKAY.

Thanks to a totally awesome coworker, I was inspired to read R.L. Stine books this summer. I already have a few in the bag, so I'll have to review them and get those posts up to y'all can experience your youth allll over again. I have been having a blast reading these; they're a quick read, and they have just enough humor and suspense to keep you going. One of my favorites is I saw you last night!. The cover is fantastic, and I'm 99% sure that I bought that one based on the cover alone. Who remembers B. Dalton bookstore? Once a month, my mom would take me to the mall so that I could go the B. Dalton's and buy new Goosebumps and other books. Awesome memories. I read one called Twisted, which I remember reading in bits and pieces because it belonged to my older cousins and I was a liiiittle to young to be reading about kids in college! I'll be sharing my thoughts about them soon. Well, as soon as I can grab a moment to write, because all we're doing right now is packing! Gah!

IT'S SO AMAZING AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!

Alrighty then, I think that's it for now! Hollah!

No comments:

Post a Comment