Thursday, May 10, 2018

Thursday Morning Musings.

I feel like every time I start to get the urge to write is when it is most inconvenient to me. It strikes when I'm depressed, when I'm bogged down and busy, sick, etc. It's extremely frustrating because I know that I have it in me. I try to strike when the iron is hot, but sometimes I forget to wear heat-proof gloves and then I'm out nursing a toasted hand. Not sure which part of the body belongs to the metaphorical hand, but it's sizzlin' like bacon regardless. Right now, I can't guarantee how long this streak will last, but I am going to ride it out for as long as possible. There are so many ideas in here that I can't seem to keep them straight, but I want to get them out so they can grow and become what they are meant to be.

I'm reading everything under the sun right now. For some reason I thought that subjecting myself to 4 different reading challenges for 2018 was a great idea; I think I've only stuck to one. Womp. I do love a good reading challenge, however- it makes me read outside of my comfort zone (which is surprisingly large) and discover new worlds. I do plan on doing a handful of reviews towards the middle of the year and near the end. Both good and bad will be included, because I already have several DNFs on my list. SO BAD.

My schedule is particularly crazy for the next few weeks, so while I may not be on here, I am still getting things down in my paper journal. I have found that quite therapeutic recently. Summer Reading is upon us, and I must go.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment